First impression, WOW.
This is one of the best places I’ve been to. Before choosing this place, we’ve looked for all the reviews on the web and I have seen more of the complaints and negative feedback.
The best thing we did was to personally ask the people close to us who have already been to Club Tara. Indeed, we never regretted our trip.
Here’s why (My honest reviews below).
- Scenery, place, view, clear waters — the best
- Free use of kayak, life jackets and paddle boards
- Hospitable and very accommodating staffs.. and ‘Bongga’ the welcoming dog
- Affordable food, plus you can request to keep any extra or remaining food you’ve ordered for the next meal time
- Free WiFi — mobile signal is a struggle in the island
- Refrigerator in rooms (Yes! You can safe keep your drinks and food)
- Jacuzzi with an awesome view!!! Definitely Instagram-able
- Hot shower and hair blower (Ladies, we need these! Haha)
- Morning views — the best, promise
- Chilly star gazing with your loved one
Room for improvement:
- Expensive tour package. Staffs are not allowed to assist you to get any tours outside the resort (Fair enough, of course, they’d lose sales from their tour packages). Piece of advice: Book a tour outside Club Tara ahead or contact a ‘bangkero’ at the port prior going to the resort
- Place needs more maintenance. The resort is super nice but it is not excellently maintained as I think it should be (looks old). I think the owner must consider building new amenities or repainting the resort.
I might have pointed out some poor points but overall we really had a super satisfying stay in the resort. True enough, it is all in the mind set. One handful advice we carried before going to Club Tara is that you are not going to a high starred resort – with all the luxurious amenities and a modern vibe. It is more of a chilly, relaxing getaway experience in an island.
Have you been to Club Tara? How’s your experience? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below 🙂